Announcement From the GBBR:
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for a free Phragmites Workshop during the morning of Friday, April 28th at Canadore College, Parry Sound.
The workshop will focus on invasive Phragmites management for roadsides, public parks and wetlands, and on private property. Local success stories will be featured and there will be breakout sessions for municipal staff and community members.
We hope you will join us! For more information, and to register, please visit:
Don’t wait, space is limited!
This event is co-hosted by Georgian Bay Forever and Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve.
- How to identify and map Phragmites
- Why is the plant so destructive?
- Overview of control options
- Community session: selective cut process, creating volunteer groups, resources
- Municipal session: success stories, land-based management practices and roads, and water-based management practices, supporting the community
We’re still finalizing the agenda and updates will be provided at the registration link above.
Please forward this email to anyone you think would be interested in attending this Phragmites Workshop.
If you’re out of town and can’t attend, we’re also planning a demonstration Phragmites removal project at Waubuno beach (Parry Sound) in early August. Come prepared to get your hands dirty and learn how to remove Phragmites! Stay tuned to GBBR and GBF’s websites for further information about this event.
We look forward to seeing you there!